May 04 - 06, 2020
The Sheraton, Boston MA
Day Two: Ensuring Data is Fit For Purpose and Protected
Tuesday, May 5th, 2020
10:00 AM FIMA Tonight, This Morning! Not Your Average Panel!: Increasing Horsepower Behind Agility and Analytics: Strategies to Migrate to the Cloud
The cloud offers tremendous potential for agility, scalability, analytics and more efficient governance and regulatory reporting. The shift to the cloud is tied to the new and evolving data strategies and architecture as the industry moves away from legacy applications and databases. How is the cloud being aligned to support business goals and strategic plans? Does cloud migration require you to fix any problems in your current data lake environment? How do you handle different jurisdictional questions of the cloud?
Panelists will discuss:
- Architecting a hybrid scenario where one database is on-prem with data coexisting in the cloud
- Migrating data stores, data feeds and applications that are used to run the business
- Reporting, customer and client data, and determining where to start first without disrupting operations
- Conducting risk assessments and determining infrastructure that needs to be built out
On an international level, we’re starting to see market fragmentation and data and reporting are connected to this. How can data move the world forward, particularly around the digitization of transactions and digital identities? What will the role of Fintechs look like?
- What are the pros and cons of relationships between Fintech and banking and how do we see this evolving?
- How will governmental data strategies impact our industry?
- What existing products do we expect will become obsolete?
- How can you position yourself to use data to take advantage of new product opportunities?